Hello and happy Friday y’all! I have BIG news…
No, Bryan is not pregnant…
My BIG news is that I’ve decided that this will be my final post. 😦 I know, I know, I just started back up again and I’m quitting already? I’m sorry, I’m just too busy right now…it takes a lot of time and I simply don’t have a lot of extra time right now. I hope y’all have enjoyed my few posts, and perhaps I’ll start blogging again someday.
Teehee. Just kidding!!! I’m here for the long haul folks, so keep on reading! 🙂
Sorry. I can’t ever pass up an April Fool’s joke. 🙂
Anywhooo… back to the good stuff.
Let’s talk food. Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes – if I had to pick my “go-to” recipe, this would be it. It’s simple. It’s tasty. And…wait for it…it’s versatile – some of my favorite things (ha. take that Oprah).
Cilantro, Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can seasoned black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can yellow corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- A handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
Toppings: avocado – I didn’t have any on hand!
- Stir the yellow and white corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a large bowl. Gently mix in the lime juice and avocado (if using). Drizzle with olive oil to serve.
I make this recipe at least once a week and use it throughout the week – with tortilla chips…
Stuffed inside a quesadilla (don’t forget my favorite guacamole)…
On top of a fresh, green salad…
(insert picture that I forgot here…)
Happy weekend! What is everyone up to this weekend?