Happy 4th of July y’all!!! I know today is a day that we all like to get together with friends and family – barbecuing, drinking and setting off fireworks, and while all of that is a big part of this special day, let’s try not to forget its significance. We live in a pretty special country…
America. Or as Bryan would say: ‘Merica.
Sooooo, what does everybody have in store for today? Aside from turning another year older (insert deep sigh here), I plan on relaxing with the pups, going on a nice walk, possibly having sushi with my roommate and watching fireworks with Bryan. Damn, I’m officially old. 🙂
Some”Buddy” doesn’t seem to mind…
That’s his “I hate fireworks” face. Poor little guy is terrified of the BOOM that comes with today. Does anyone else have this problem with their pets?
Okay, now for the good stuff…
Last night, our friends invited us over for dinner and asked that we bring an appetizer. While I was tempted to make my go-to Guacamole, I decided to step outside my comfort zone a little and make one of my all time favorite appetizers – Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
I was happy I did. It turned out delicious!
I’m going to apologize for not getting very many photos – as soon as it came out of the oven we were out the door!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Vegetarian.
Yield: Serves 5-6 very hungry adults
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 (10 oz) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cups sour cream
- 1 cup (8oz) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (garlic powder would work too)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (a drop of hot sauce would work as well)
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cheeses, spinach & artichoke hearts.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl then mix with spinach mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are turning brown.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips or bread.
Again, sorry for the lack-o-photos…blame it on my old age. 😉
We all loved this dip! I gobbled it up and so did everyone else. Perhaps not the healthiest choice, but hey, it’s my party and I’ll pig out if I want to.
Have a great holiday everyone. Stay safe!
Oh, and P.S…
We had leftovers so this morning I added a couple scoops to my scrambled eggs.
Nom. Nom. Nom.