Y’all know by now how much I love me some Mexican food. I can honestly say that we eat it more than any other cuisine in our house, and Bryan hasn’t complained (yet) so I keep on preparing it!
Today I have a delicious, healthy, and super quick black bean and corn salad that makes a great lunch (dinner too!) either as the main course or as a side dish. If you are looking for a way to change up the everyday fare, this is it! It’s a spin off of my Cilantro, Black Bean & Corn Salsa. Only, I like this one even better!
Black Bean & Corn Salad
Yield: ~4 servings
- 1 can (14oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14oz) corn kernels (frozen works too)
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half or quartered
- 1/2 red onion, chopped (I almost forgot this important ingredient! That’s why it’s not pictured, fortunately I did remember to add it later)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 2T vegetable or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Look at those colors! Don’t you just love it?
Let stand at least 15 minutes for flavors to combine, then toss and serve. Adjusting seasonings to taste.
I love using it as a chip dip…
Or as a salad topper…
I can usually make this in about 5 minutes flat. It also makes enough for a few servings so the leftovers can be enjoyed throughout the week. I just stow it away in glass tupperware.
(See! The onions are there I promise!)
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far. I’m about to go get ready for a wedding! It’s been awhile since I’ve been to one so I’m looking forward to it. I’m also excited to dress up! I rarely have a reason to, so a wedding is a good excuse!