Today I want to talk about body odor. You. Are. Welcome.
Chances are (if you’re human), you’ve probably experienced body odor at some point in your life – some maybe more than others.
The good news is, today I’m here to help you tackle this sometimes embarrassing subject. And even better news? I’m here to tackle it naturally. Why naturally? Because the conventional deodorant antiperspirants work well, if you enjoy slathering your armpits with chemicals and aluminum.
Sign me up!
Back in January, I briefly mentioned wanting to make my own deodorant because I noticed when I started searching for natural deodorant at the store, my options were very limited.
Well, I’m happy to say, I finally made my own.
Okay, so are y’all ready to kiss your store-bought deodorants goodbye? Alright, here’s the recipe!
- Baking soda
- Arrowroot powder
- 2 – 4 T coconut oil, melted
- 3-4 drops of essential oils – I love Lemongrass
- Combine equal parts baking soda and arrowroot powder – I used about 1/3 cup of each.
- Blend a few tablespoons of melted coconut oil at a time until entire mixture is moist (ugh…I HATE that word) 😦
- Add essential oils – this is optional but highly recommended. Store in a small container – I like to use tiny mason jars.
Seriously, that’s it!
When you go to apply your new deodorant, rub a small amount onto a few of your fingertips and apply to armpits – some people may find this appalling…. but really? They’re your pits, so get over it. 🙂
If for any reason you find the baking soda irritates your skin, try cutting amount in half and use more arrowroot.
So easy and super fun!
Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.
Oh and HOPPY EASTER. 🙂